Use county, state, or federal Internet resources or the Strayer University library to research your communityâ€™s current efforts to deter or prevent juvenile delinquency through detention programs or other sanctions. Note: If you cannot find information on juvenile delinquency prevention efforts in your community, choose a larger community nearby.
Write a full 2â€“3 page paper in which you:
- Provide a detailed and well-researched description of two juvenile delinquency reduction efforts or programs currently in operation in the community.
- For example: Boys and Girls Clubs, Pace Center for Girls, Outward Bound.
- Provide a detailed and well-researched description of the main sociological theories that underlie the interventions that shape a communityâ€™s public policy for delinquency prevention.
- For example: Strain, Conflict, Labeling.
- Describe in detail two ideas for improving a communityâ€™s juvenile delinquency prevention efforts, citing examples to illustrate the successful implementation of those ideas in other communities.
- Support your writing with at least three credible, relevant, and appropriate sources.
- Write clearly and concisely in a manner that is well organized, grammatically correct, and free of spelling, typographical, formatting, and/or punctuation errors.